Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Framing Watercolours

Today I collected some framing material for the two paintings I've entered into the Rotary Club of Sorrento Art Show in January [more of that later]. I always buy my framing material from Gary and the crew from FrameCo in Nunawading. Earlier this year I attended on of their framing courses and found it really helpful in understanding what is involved in Framing. Dianna is a very encouraging teacher and has been extremely helpful whenever I have a question or in putting together an order for me.

Whenever I now visit an exhibition I find myself spending as much time examining the framing as much as the painting. But I am learning a lot from watching how others solve some of the problems I also come across.
The FrameCo website is very helpful too with tips and suggestions for framing - Free 'how-to' notes, video segments and so on. The SmartFramer section is especially helpful in allowing "try-before-you-buy" matting and framing combinations. Gary and his team go out of their way to help make framing your own work as easy as possible.
You may want to have a look at their site for yourself so click here to have a look. I will also add a link to my list of sites to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
artists' directory